Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Reviewer Reviewed: Mystery Maven

Reviews are the best connection between writers and readers. As a writer, I can’t always know what readers want, but I do know that when they invest money and time in my novels, it’s important to give them value. Two things, review and sales, are the gauge of how I’m doing. I put more trust in reviewers I’ve learned to trust. Sales can be very misleading. They don’t always provide the best estimation of quality and I fall among those writers who think quality of the writing and of the reader’s appreciation are paramount. I want to be enjoyed by good readers and not just define good readers as those who appreciate me!
A fine review of “Reluctant Dead” came out today on the Mystery Maven blog. Now that’s the sort of thoughtful review any writer loves to receive. Take a look:
http://mysterymavencdn.blogspot.com/2011/06/mystery-review.html

No comments:

Post a Comment